His Excellency Ahmad Bin Abdullah Bin Zaid Al-Mahmoud
Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of State for the Council of Ministers affairs
- Born in 1953.
: Marital Status:
- Married with four.
- B.A of Arabic and Islamic studies, Cairo University, 1976.
- MSC. of Economics, Central Michigan University, 1981.
- Third secretary in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the state of Qatar in 1976 and scaled in the diplomatic corps since.
- Head of the Economic Affairs Section, Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Representative of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the Qatari National Committee of Education, Culture and Science, 1983.
- Charge d'affairs in Qatar's Embassy in Algeria, 1983.
- Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the State of Qatar to Sultanate of Oman, 1984-1986.
- Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the State of Qatar to USA from 1987-1989 and non-resident Ambassador in Mexico and Venezuela.
- Undersecretary, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, 1989-1995.
- Minister of State for Foreign Affairs, 1995.
- Minister of State for Foreign Affairs in the new cabinet in October,1996.
- General Coordinator of the Economic Summit Conference of the Middle East and North Africa held in Doha in 1997.
- Member of the Ministers' Council in addition to his post as Minister of State for Foreign Affairs, 1999.
- Chairman of the Permanent Committee of the Projects for the Development of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs from October 2001 until September 2011.
- Member and Reporter of the Committee prepared the Permanent Constitution of the State of Qatar in July 1999 that took place in 2004.
- Deputy Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the University of Qatar since 2004 up now.
- Minister of State for Foreign Affairs and Member of the Council in the new cabinet in July, 2008.
- Chairman of the Committee on boundary issues since 1995 up to now.
- In charge of Darfur dossier in Qatar mediation for settlement of the conflict in Darfur.
- Chairman of Development Fund since February 2010 up to now.Deputy Prim Minidter & Minister of State for the Council of Ministers affairs in September 2011 up to now.
- Member of the Higher Committee for Development Planning since November 2011.
- Lead Qatars delegations to a number of international and regional meeting and conferences.
- Appointed as Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of State for Cabinet affairs in 20/09/2011.
- Arabic and English Languages.