Date of Birth:
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Cairo University, 1973.
- Non-degree courses at the International Fund and a number of American universities.
- Assistant Deputy Director of Public Finance at the Ministry of Finance, Economy and Commerce, then Deputy Director of Public Finance, then General Director of Public Finance.
- Deputy Minister of Finance, Economy and Commerce.
- January 1998, Minister of Finance, Economy and Commerce.
- Head of the Directors Board of Ras Laffan Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG).
- Deputy Head of the Directors Board of Qatar Petroleum.
- Member of the Directors Board of Q-Tel.
- Head of the Committee of Doha Securities Market.
- Member of the Directors Board of Qatar Central Bank.
- Head of several local, regional and Arab committees.
- Acting Minister of Economy and Commerce in 26 March 2006.
- He was appointed as Minister of Economy & Finance in the new cabinet on 2nd of July 2008.