The Information Office
The Information Office performs the following functions:
1. Preparing draft statements and press releases to be issued by the ministry.
2. Monitoring, following up and analyzing the reports of news agencies and local and international media on the daily events taking place inside and outside the country; and presenting a brief account thereof to the minister and minister of state.
3. Providing the Qatari diplomatic missions abroad with news reports on the national events in all fields.
4. Coordinating with the correspondents of newspapers, news agencies and various local, Arab and international media; and providing them with the press releases and statements issued by the ministry on local and international issues.
5. Issuing magazines and periodical information newsletters and distributing these inside and outside the country.
6. Providing advanced services for the library of the ministry including specialized knowledge sources related to the diplomatic and consular work.
7. Conducting translation and interpretation of the articles, documents, reports and work connected to the activities of the ministry.