Control and Audit Office
Control and Audit Office performs the following functions:
1. Setting up the annual audit plan for administrative units at the ministry and the diplomatic and consular missions and representation offices abroad and submitting it to the minister of State to accredit it and preparing reports about audit results.
2. Monitoring abiding to rules, regulations and decisions related to the activities of the ministry.
3. Ensuring conformity between work systems and methods with the competences and objectives of the ministry and submitting the necessary proposals in this regard.
4. Studying work problems and obstacles at the ministry and investigating its causes and proposing suitable solutions thereof.
5. To monitor accounts of the MOFA's departments at its headquarters as well as those of diplomatic and consular missions and representative offices abroad by means of inspecting and auditing documents, books, records of incomings, accrued revenues and general expenditures and verify that financial transactions and items in the ledger relating to them are carried out in accordance with the law and financial, accounting rules and regulations applied to the State Budget.
6. Monitoring the procedures of appointing staff, their portfolios, vacations, promotions and other matters related to personnel affairs and ensuring their commitment to the relevant rules and regulations.
7. To identify cases of financial and administrative negligence, violations, oversets and investigate causes of such cases and propose means to address them.
8.To review consular incomings and carry out the necessary inventory of cash, consular stamps and any other external papers with money value and verify that they correspond to entries and records.
9. Examining and reviewing financial, accounting and administrative bills and regulations to verify their efficiency and identify their setbacks and proposing means to improve their efficiency to highest possible level.
10. Monitoring the discipline of the financial and administrative procedures and preparing periodical reports about inspection tours it carries out and submitting them to the competent party at the Ministry.