Date of Birth:
- Born in 1956.
- Married and has 4 sons and 3 daughters.
- Fluent in Arabic, French and English.
- Completed his secondary school education (scientific segment) in 1976.
- Completed a course in French in Paris 1976-1978.
- Joined Saint Cyr Military Academy in 1978 and graduated in 1980.
- Artillery Officers course- France 1981.
- Artillery Brigades leaders- France 1982.
- English Language course- UK 1983.
- Artillery Staff course- Pakistan 1984.
- General Joint Staff course- France 1986.
- Joint warfare- France 1988.
Official Posts and Ranks:
- Commander of Artillery Brigade 1982.
-Commander of Artillery Battalion 1986.
-Corps Artillery Commander 1992.
-Ambassador at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs 2001.
- Foreign Ministers'Assistant for Follow Up Affairs 2003.
- Was Promoted to the rank of Minister from 1/12/2010.
-Officer in the Qatari Armed Forces from Lieutenant 1980 to Major General rank 2001:
* Studies in France and Pakistan and assumed several leading posts in the Qatari Artillery Force and headed several committees in addition to his work as a coordinator of a number of consultative committees.
- Director of the joint Qatari-French Sagr al-Khaleej military exercise in 2001.
- Qatar's ambassador to France and non-resident ambassador to Belgium, the Swiss Federation, Luxemburg and the European Union 2002-2003.
- Assistant Foreign Minister for Follow-up Affairs since 2003:
* Head of the Permanent Committee for Organizing Conferences and - Chief of the Qatari side in the Border Demarcation Committee and the Events Coordination Committee.
* Head of the Government Committee for Delineating Maritime Borders and the Working Team of the UN Security Council 2006-2007. And head the organizing committees of international conferences like F77, China 2005, New and Restored Democracies 2006, Gulf Summit 2007, Financing Development Summit 2008, Arab Summit 2009 and Arab and Latin America Summit 2009.
* Attended several international and official conferences and participated in the UN General Assembly since 2004 and carried out a number of special tasks pertaining to political consultations with friendly countries.
- Assistant Foreign Minister 2003.
Decorations and Medals:
- The National Order of Merit of the French Republic - in 1999.
- The Order of Honor of the French Republic in 2009.
- Member of Board of Directors of Georgetown University - Qatar.
- Member of the Governing Council of the Institute of Conference Development - Qatar Foundation- Qatar.